Projects and some achievements of the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources.
Achievement of the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources
- The project is aimed at repositioning two (2) dumpsites in Ibadan for effective evacuation of refuse across the nooks and crannies of the city. Both dumpsites at Awotan and Ajakanga were carefully selected because of the need to protect the well-being of the residents within the areas of the dumps.
- Monitoring of weekly and Monthly Environmental Sanitation Exercise within and outside Ibadan land.
- The contract for rehabilitation of the two dumpsites had been awarded by the State Government to Messrs. Macpresse West Africa Limited for the use of Oyo State Waste Management Authority (OYOWMA) and the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources at the sum of Four Hundred and Five Million, Five Hundred and Seventy-Three Thousand, One Hundred and Sixteen Naira, Thirty-Four Kobo (N405, 573,116.34)
- Enforcement and prosecution of sanitation offenders.
- Treatment of public complaints on contemporary environmental issues.
- Inspection of regulated and non-regulated premises.
- Inter ministerial collaboration and synergies with other ministries.
- Control of street trading.
- Sensitization and Health Education of the public contemporary Environmental Health challenges.
- Control of pests and vectors.
- Rehabilitation of destitute and street beggars.
- Quick response to emergency calls from (112) on Environmental issues.
- Conflict resolution on seemingly controversial environmental sanitation issues.
- Inter-sectoral collaboration with (IUFMP) on the prevention of disaster e.g. flooding.
- Generating internal revenue to Oyo State Government account through:
- Contravention of Environmental Sanitation Regulation/month of January, 2020
Bodija Market - N39,500.0
Sango Market - N70,000.00
2. Laboratory and Consultancy Services
Fumigation - N5,000.00